I was determined to see Mt. Fuji today and set off early for Hakone. It took about 2hours to get there. For once its a beautiful day and the cicadas are going nuts in the trees that all you hear is chirping. Hopefully it will be clear enough to see the mountain.
To get to the viewing sight I must have taken every kind of transportation known to man. I took the train to Hakone Yumomoto, from there I took a the Hakone Tozan Train to Gora, changed to the cable car that went through the mountains to Souzan
and changed to the Ropeway cars (basically a ski lift with enclosed cars for about 10 people at a higher elevation) to the first viewing point of Mt. Fuji. It was really cloudy so I wasn't quite sure what direction to look as it is all very mountainous.
From the Ropeway, I changed to the "pirate ship" that took you to the other 2 viewing points. Still can`t see Mt. Fuji or can`t pick it out at least. So I could`t see Mt. Fuji because the clouds were so low and decided to bus it back to the train station as I was sure the clouds were not going to burn off.
I honestly had no idea where Mt. Fuji was supposed to be until I looked at the tourist brochure. I had taken the same photo as the brochure but where the mountain was replaced with really dense clouds. Foiled! Hopefully I`ll get a chance to see it on my way to Osaka.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment