I decided to go up to Nikko today and take a look at the shrines. It took about 2 hours to get there. I`m kind of sad I'm leaving tomorrow. I really like Tokyo. I can understand how people end up staying for here for such a long time.
The shrines at Nikko were incredible. They are very colourful and extremely ornate. I don`t think that words can describe the beauty of these buildings and the amount of labour that went into their construction and decoration. I don`t think the photos I took do them justice. It took about 2 hours to go around and look at the 5 main shrines in the area. This area is beautiful and I`m kind of disappointed I didn't have time to go for a hike. Today was the first completely clear day since I arrived.
Dinner back in Tokyo was interesting. We went to Denny`s, the same chain as back in the US. I was expecting to encounter a ton of overweight people eating all kinds of fatty foods as well as a menu with waffles and pancakes on it. Was I ever wrong! Denny`s here is like fast food Japanese style. So you can get things like mussels marinara and udon. I ended up getting a combo meal that included a prosciutto salad, rice dish with cheese and egg on it and a sundae. The salad was really weird as the dressing on it was in a gelatinous solid form. But the other two things were fantastic. I totally underestimated the Denny`s here and totally recommend it to anyone who comes to Japan just so you can compare it to the one in the US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's cool - Denny's. Actually mentioned in a murakami book. Fiction writer whose books are translated into english. He is Japanese. I'll finish reading all his books some day.
You have to tell me your order of favourite zoos you've visited. =)
Post a Comment