I woke up today around 8 am and it was pouring outside. I ran down to the coffee shop around the corner and was soaked through. The weather has been quite weird. The wet season is supposed to have ended a month ago.
When the rain subsided I decided to go to the Laos airlines agent to check my sketchy ticket. It was real and I was good to go. Thank god. That would have seriously sucked if I arrived at the airport and it was a fake ticket. I don't trust anyone here. I've been stuck with a US $20 with a torn corner because no one will take it. Its driving me nuts. The banks won't take it here. The American notes needs to be in perfect condition. I'm stuck with it until I get home.
Everything here closes for a siesta between 11:30am and 1:30pm. It makes it awfully hard to get anything done. So I took a much needed nap.
I ended up at the Luang Prabang Museum and was very unimpressed with it. It was very small and focused mainly on the king and queen and what their home looked like. This city is extremely expensive because the entire city is a Unesco Heritage site so everything is extremely overpriced so money is flowing out of my pockets like water. Let's hope Vientiane is different.
In town I bumped into someone I had met in Chiang Mai and she told me Hanoi was flooded and I was to fly out in 2 days. What the hell am I going to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment