Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 45 - Happy Halloween and Tiger Kingdom

Today I was able to call the consulate in Bangkok and have my ATM card sent there for me to pick up once I finish going through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Thank God for the Canadian Consulate! I spent an hour on the internet updating my blog and met with my cousin for lunch and had Kaew Soi (spicy chicken noodle soup). It was really good and only cost 30B.

We returned to the guest house to meet some Canadians to go to the Tiger Kingdom. It took about 40min by tuk-tuk to get to Mae Rim. It cost 300B to spend 20 min with adult tigers, 300b for 15 min with 6 month olds and 500b for 15 min newborns. I chose the 6 month olds. It was crazy! You could pet the tigers and play with them. They were like really big kittens. Their handlers were rough housing with them and were definitely not drugged up. However, the larger adults seemed like they were. They were just lazing around looking kinda dopey. I pet a tiger! :)

No comments: