I walked to the internet cafe to make a call to the Canadian Embassy in Hanoi to see what the flooding situation was like. I found out that it was fine to fly, the Old quarter was unaffected by the flood and the airport was open. Thank god.
I met up with someone I had met in Luang Prabang and we decided to go to the day market called Talat Sao. The market was huge and sold virtually everything but nothing of interest to me.

We decided to go to the Buddha park. It was 35 km out of town and cost 50000kip by tuk tuk. On the way there the tuk tuk got a flat tire and we needed to pull over to change it. The ride took about 40-60 min and the entry fee to the Buddha park was only 5000kip. This place was built by a guy who is obsessed by Buddhas. It was quite insane. Monuments all over the place that you are allowed to climb in and on.
The best part of the day was sitting at the restaurant along the river eating a bowl of noodle soup for 10000kip and staring into at the amazing scenery. The sky was blue, grass was green and the water was purple with brown cows grazing. I could have stayed here all day. This is why I travel :)
No comments:
Post a Comment