Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 60 – Hoi An and the ridiculous amount of tailors

I boarded a sleeper bus for Hoi An today around 2 pm. The bus was gross. It smelt like feet and there were flies everywhere. It was supposed to take 3 hours to get there but it ended up being 5 hours. We arrived at 7 pm and looked around everywhere for a hotel. We ended up at a place called Thanh Binh 2. Hotels all over were raising their prices because a whole load of buses arrived at the same time today and they were all filling up quite fast.

The first thing you notice about this city is the abundance of tailor shops. They are literally everywhere you look. Streets lined with them. There are apparently 900 some tailor shops in all of Hoi An. It’s gonna make it really difficult to find a good tailor and not just someone who jumped onto the bandwagon to make a buck.

The second thing about this city is the food. It is amazing. I think I’m gonna like this city, tailored clothes and good food. What else can a girl ask for?

No comments: