Day 1 – I spent most of the day walking around and getting prices for suits, jackets, pants and shoes. Yes, they will make shoes for you! This place is insane. I knew I was going to spend a lot of money here to get clothes tailored to my body and sent home. The tailors are so incredibly fast at making the clothes you order, after they measure you and you chose your fabrics, 12 hours later they will be ready for the first fitting. How insane is that?
Day 2 – Today I spent running around going for fitting for all the clothes I had ordered. The food was fabulous. I had Cao Lao, a local specialty and Banh Xeo, a Vietnamese pancake. Both were amazing. The food is way better than up North.
Day 3 – Dreamt about all the clothes I bought in the past couple of days and hope they will be ready for when I want to leave this city. Some of the things I had made were ill fitting and didn’t trust the tailors that made them to fix them. I brought a few things to a place called Faifoo. This place was amazing, run by a older vietnamese couple with family in Toronto. The guy who did all the measurements actually makes the clothes and trains the tailors he employs. The dress he made for me fit perfectly the first time. All the clothes he fixed fit amazingly afterwards. I totally recommend this place. I would have had everything made here if I knew how amazing the tailor in this shop was.
Ended up sitting around in the tailor shop that made my suits eating the best pho I've ever had in my entire life. These 2 women working in the shop provided both entertainment and shelter from more rain.
Day 4 - More rain today. The last of my clothes were ready for pick up. The open bus to Nha Trang was full. I could not bear another day of this money draining place as there is nothing to really do here but shopping so I ended up paying $11 for a bus ticket from the Sinh Cafe to Nga Trang to get out of here. The bus arrived on time, the seats were assigned, it was clean, didn't stop randomly to pick up people and arrived in Nha Trang on time as well. Sinh Cafe is really the best way to go when taking buses through Vietnam. They're a little more expensive than the Open bus tickets from Camel Travel but worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment