The bus ride was annoying as hell. The bus kept stopping to pick up people and packages all through the night. I guess that's what happens when you book with a subsidized, cheaper company like Camel Travel. Thank god I'm able to sleep on pretty much any vehicle made by man.
The bus arrived on time for the first time in HCMC at 6 am. Booked into a guest house with 3 other people called My My Art house down an alleyway off the main street downtown. The room was great for $17. I would definitely stay here again.
After dropping our stuff, I went to FedEx to send my new wardrobe back home and then went to the Reunification Palace for 15000d. Wow was this place ever boring. All the meeting rooms looked the same and all the rooms looked like they were from the 70s. This entire place was built in the 70s style. It looked like they could have shot and Austin Powers movie here and not need to change a thing.
The best part of this place was the basement. It looked like something I would picture out of Orwell's 1984. Dirty, dark, metal hallways that were completely ill-lit. I'm pretty sure I found the room where they make you believe 2+2=5!
Next stop was the War Remnants museum. There were displays with deactivated land mines, bombs and bullets. There was also a statue made of bomb fragments. The photos of Vietnamese killed during the war with both artillery and agent orange were absolutely horrific. I left the museum wanting to vomit as the photos were extremely graphic depicted body parts everywhere, decapitations and dead women and children. It's incredible what happened here and unbelievable how people can find it in themselves do these things to each other. It really is beyond my comprehension.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment