Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 135 - Wandering the streets of Adelaide in 44C weather


I had the best sleep I've had in a while. I had my own room! No one walked in at 3 am and woke me up! It's crazy the little things you miss when you travel like personal space and privacy. I slept in until 11 am and walked part way into the city. It was ridiculously hot at about 44C. I had to catch the bus into the city as the road signs were kind of screwed up at the intersection. It's good that the bus tickets here last for 2 hours so you can get your errands done if necessary.

I ended up going to Henley Beach and the downtown core of Adelaide. Oddly enough, there were no water fountains in Adelaide that I could find. It's really weird. By the time I got back to the house, I was dizzy with a headache. I probably almost gave myself heatstroke so I just napped of a few hours with lots of water and Gatorade to revive myself before meeting with friends for some drinks later on.

No comments: