Our first stop was Adelaide hills. From this place, you cold see all of Adelaide. This city is super spread out and looks like it goes on forever. Unfortunately there were a lot of trees in the area and a highway blocking the scenic view.
Next we headed to a little German town village called Hahndorff on the way to the winery. This was a cute little place. Totally touristy though with great hot dogs. The guy running the little cafe where we bought our hot dogs was about 100 years old and it took forever for him to prepare 3 hotdogs. And I mean forever, like 15 minutes. It really wasn't rocket science but I think he was overwhelmed by his 3 customers today.
Next stop was the Victor Harbour where I actually saw people surfing despite the ridiculous amount of rock jutting out of the ocean. One guy was wearing helmet. Not sure that would do any good if a wave slammed his body up against rocks.
To top off and crazy day of touring around we went to Warrawong wildlife sanctuary for a night safari. It was the first feline free sanctuary with a specialized fence to keep cats out. I ended up seeing my first white kangaroo with blue eyes. It was pretty amazing. During the walk we were hoping to spot some platypus but instead just saw their bubbles in the pond. Quite unfortunate really. I still haven't seen one! Ended up spotting a bunch of possums and other little nocturnal creatures scurrying about the place. For $25 for 1 1/2 hours it was totally worth it for this unique experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment