When I got off the boat I realized that Macau had its own currency. Thank god I brought my debit card with me as all the exchange places were closed because it was a national holiday. For the first time, I was totally unprepared for Macau, no map, no money and no idea what I wanted to see. Kind of exciting actually. :)
I ended up taking a bus to a shrine at the tip of the island. The buses here cost $2.50 MOC and go all over the city. In comparison to HK, this place is really dirty with the exception of the areas around the casinos. I didn't do any gambling. Really because I didn't have much time. It's really weird kind of like a mini Vegas, but Chinese.
I got back to HK around 5:30 and rushed back to Repulse Bay to pack and leave for Lamma. On the way back into HK central station to check in my pack. What an ingeneous idea! Being able to check in your luggage and get your boarding pass 24h before you leave without going to the airport. From HK you can take the MRT for $100HK and then you can check your luggage. So if this works, my stuff will be arriving with me in Beijing tomorrow.
I then boarded a ferry to take me to Lamma Island. Lamma is a 30 min ferry ride from HK and it is definitely worth it. This place is incredible. The island is absolutely tiny, so tiny there are no cars on it. Everyone here is extremely relaxed and everyone knows everyone else. Great vibe. I leave for Beijing in the morning tomorrow. I really do wish that I had spent more time in HK. I'm sure i'll be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment