
I walked over to the Leifeng Pagoda and it was 40Y to get in and climb to the top. It was totally worth it. You can see all of Hangzhou from up there. The weirdest thing was that people had thrown money a the bottom of the structure that was enclosed in glass. And there was A LOT of money. People had thrown anything from pennies to 100 yuan bills in there. Oddly enough they had built an elevator in the center of the structure. I'm not sure how old it is but everything seems relatively new. From the top of the pagoda I phoned home to hear a familiar voice.

As hunger was mounting, I decided to walk to Hefang market as I was told there was a great street market selling food. I found the food stalls and bought what I thought was rice wrapped in a lotus leaf. As my mouth was watering, I opened it to find a small chicken inside. Greatly disappointed. How the hell was I supposed to eat this? It really wasn't what I expected. So I attempted a second time at spring rolls. Well, spring rolls are always good right? Wrong again. The spring rolls were filled with a salty preserved vegetable and were disgusting. Alright, so I decided that I'll have some noodles. As I ordered them and the vendor put them in the microwave, I was quite sure I had made another mistake. I was right. The noodles that had only vegetables in them, tasted like week old fish. So I gave up. I needed to make myself happy. I wandered to the McDonald's and got an Ice cream cone. :) I think it was grape flavoured.
I then walked over to Wulin road to see what all the hype was about. Not so impressive. I bought a not so good papaya smoothy and ended up walking back to the hostel.
1 comment:
I am glad to see that even in China you can still cheer yourself up the way you did when you had a bad day at Lacamas...thank you McDonald's :)
Post a Comment