I started out my day rather boringly at an art exhibit in the French Concession with some people I had met at the hostel. The art exhibit was nothing special but the building it was in was incredible. It was in an old apartment building that was built in the late 1800s. It was really run down but I'm sure it was beautiful back in the day. Their plan was to visit art galleries all day long. Since it was not my cup of tea, I decided to leave them too it after the first gallery and left to go to the antique market.
The antiques market was a great disappointment as most of the things were not antiques or they were fake antiques. It sold so much junk it was unbelievable. I can't believe people actually buy this crap. There were things like "ancient" coins shaped like daggers and spades like the ones in the museum. Every booth had the same stuff. Honestly, how can things be rare antiques if everyone has them for sale?
I left the market to go to the Shanghai Aquarium. This aquarium has things I've never seen before like the sawfish and has world's longest underground tunnel at 155m. It was nice to be inside when it was so incredibly hot outside at about 25 not including the humidity. I was already exhausted when I walked in. I'll take the train to Hangzhou tonight. I'm sure I'll sleep well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment