When we finally arrived, we walked to the ferry terminal to take the ferry across the river for 4B. A tuk-tuk picked us up and took us to Wat Maharat where we saw a bunch of buddhas and the famous Buddha head in the roots of a tree. It was a lot smaller than I had expected.
From here we walked to a few other areas such as Wat Ratchaburam and then to the complex of the royal palace. It's interesting that Thais get charge a lower price than tourists to get into temples. It was 10B for Thais and 30B for foreigners as an entry fee for each temple.
Shade needed to be searched for while walking from Wat to Wat. Today it was blistering hot. We headed back on the train from hell. The ride back was actually great. The train was about 2 hours late and there were no seats left when it arrived in Ayutthaya so I ended up standing in the area between carriages looking out at the country side watching the sun set. This was a truly happy moment. I realized I was on a train in Thailand and just needed a little while to get my head around where I was and what I was doing. I'm really in Thailand :)
No comments:
Post a Comment