Woke up today around 8am to get a taxi to Murang Boran the ancient city. This place has recreations of temples from all over Thailand. Some that exist still and some that have been destroyed. Its a great concept to go to one place and look atthe temples and shrines from all over Thailand. It took about 40 min and cost around 170B. The best way to see this city is by bicycle. So yes, I sucked it up and rode a bike for the first time since I was 12. It's true you really don't forget how to ride. Biked around the city for a good 4 hours in the most horrible heat you will ever feel i think it was at least 45C and clear outside. I don't think I've ever sweat so much in me entire life. I drank at least 2 liters of water in 4 hours and was still really dehydrated. It was totally worth it though. Riding around this "city" I saw constant improvement as they were building more structures.
Ended up having lunch on the premises. I had pork noodles soup and a young coconut for 50B. We headed back to Bangkok around 2:30pm to try and miss traffice but it really doesn't seem to matter. I was 303B to get back to the hostel. It left us no time to get our stuff ready for the Muai Thai Boxing match.

We took the Metro to the National Stadium and walked for about 40 min as it was faster than taking a taxi stuck in traffic. Got 3rd class seats to watch the fight for 1000B. It was insane. The stands were full of people screaming and gambling on the fight. Each match consists of 5, 3 min rounds divided by 2 minute breaks. So it takes about 30 min for each match to be finished. There were 8 matches scheduled for tonight. The champion was scheduled as the 7th fight. There was no way in hell I was going to stay around for 4 hours to watch that fight. Left after about 2 hours of fights. If I would have known better, I would have arrived later in the evening.
Khao San road was the next stop for food. I had Pad Thai noodles from a street vendor. They were great. A huge bowl for 25B.
After arriving back at the hostel I was starting to realize that I was getting sick. Not a good sign. But we'll see how I feel tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment