Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 161 - Milford Sound Cruise


At 7 am I got all my stuff together for Milford Sound. Just my luck it was raining again today. We got on the bus at 7:45am and started on our way to Milford Sound. Along the way there were a bunch of stops such as the Homer tunnel which is completely dark the entire way through. We stopped quickly in Te Anau to pick up more people and then continued to Milford.

In Milford, we got onto a cruise boat down the south side of the fiord into the Tasman Sea. Too bad it was raining as I could tell how beautiful this place is when the weather is clear. The lunch buffet on the boat was the weirdest I've ever seen. I think it's mainly because this cruise ship caters to Asian tourists so the buffet had things that ranged from steamed veggies to kim chi.

The boat ended up stopping at the Milford Deep which is an underwater observatory. This is a sneak peak at what I'll be seeing on my dive tomorrow!

No comments: