Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 169 - Diving and Bus to Sandakan


Today my brother and I were picked up to go diving with Borneo Dreams. I hadn't been diving in about 3 weeks and was already antsy to go. My brother on the other hand, I had convinced to do a discovery scuba dive (DSD) to see if he liked it.

Our first dive spot was Sapi. My brother loved it and finally understood why I spend so much money diving. I did a second dive here and the 3rd dive was at Manukan. There was a lot to see except for the fact that there weren't that many type of fish as I had seen at previous dive sites. I would compare this to the diving I did over in Padang Bai, Indonesia. It was still very enjoyable nonetheless.

The next order of business was to go to Sepilok to see the orangutans. We took the city bus for 1RM to the Innis bus station to get a 6 hour bus to Sandakan. On the public bus, my brother ended up befriending a very nice lady who helped us get tickets to where we needed to as we bypassed all the touts trying to get us to buy from them. The tickets were 35RM each for an extremely comfortable bus. I fell asleep for quite sometime and was awakened my some grumpy chick who decided to punch my head rest when she woke up. Yay! I'm back in Asia.

We arrived in Sandakan late at about 2:30am and checked into a place called Sandakan Backpackers for the night and just crashed out.

No comments: