Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 167 - Little India and the Singapore Zoo

Today I went down to Little India for the first time. My brother told me to go to a place called Mustafa where you could apparently buy anything. I arrived and walked in and was immediately overwhelmed. This place was huge and crowded and there was stuff everywhere. This place was insane and yes, you could get anything here. I ended up picking up a couple of headlamps for climbing Mount Kinabalu. I ended up eating a gigantic lunch and ended up going to the Singapore zoo.

The Singapore Zoo was very different from most zoos I've been to. There are lots of trees and vegetation planted along the paths so that it feels like you're outside in the animals' natural habitats. The most interesting thing here was the white tiger exhibit that housed about 4 white tigers and the komodo dragon.

The weather was sketchy again and it began to storm around 5pm and I decided to leave and go back to Little India for dinner. I noticed something strange when I was there. There was an extremely disproportionate number of men compared to women in Little India. Like 20 to 1. I found out later it was because all the men come over to work and send money home to their families. I've never seen such a difference sex ratio before it was really noticable. I ended up back at my brother's dorm to chill out and pack for Borneo.

No comments: