Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 103 - Arrival in Yogyakarta and sweet, sweet chocolate cake

The train finally arrived late at around 6 am and we went to try to find accommodation. It started to rain and 2 hours later and asking every guesthouse and losmen in the city we finally found a place. Not a great place but at least it had beds and the most disgusting bathroom ever. Everything in the city was fully booked because all Indonesians were on holiday and would be for the next week or so. It was insane. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was fully booked.

I dropped my bag and passed out for a few hours to catch up on some sleep and woke up feeling totally re-energized. Just across the street I found my saviour, The Ministry of Coffee. This place is brilliant. Free wifi and the best chocolate you'll ever eat in you whole life. We ended up staying here for a couple of hours and sorting our stuff out for our time in Indonesia.

No comments: