Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 107 - Happy New Year!


I awoke this morning to the sound of a rooster. I got out of bed and looked out the window. The view outside from this incredibly posh hotel was that of a ghetto. There were shacks with live animals running around outside. About 4 stray dogs traipsing about on tops of heaps of garbage just outside the hotel window. Out of all the things I've seen since I've been out here, I'm really not all that surprised.

Today was completely uneventful in a good way. Included in the hotel rate was a buffet breakfast that I took full advantage of. We stayed in the hotel to relax and use the internet. I slept in and booked my tickets for Australia and all around Australia as well. I noticed that it was actually cheaper (and faster) to take JetStar flights from destination to destination instead of taking the bus. So I guess it wasn't totally uneventful. Since we pretty much wasted our day on the computers, we couldn't find accommodation and decided to stay here for another night... :)

No comments: