A minivan picked us up at 6:30am and drove for 4 hours to get to Hat Yai, Thailand. Again, the driver was an absolute maniac. He drove so fast, I thought I was going to die. Especially when he slammed on the breaks because he almost hit another car. This happened quite a few times actually, I was getting ready to brace myself each and everytime because this minivan, like all the others in SE Asia was not equipt with seatbelts.
We got dropped off at the train station at 11 am and were able to buy tickets on the overnight train to Kuala Lumpur for 450B for sitting seats. All the sleepers were full because they were only 490B. This shouldn't be too bad I'll be able to walk around the train and save on a nights accomodation.
As we boarded the train there was much more leg room than I expected, I could totally stretch out. The attendant on the train was able to exchange all my Thai Baht for Malaysian RM. Thank god because all the banks in the area didn't have any Malaysian money eventhough Hat Yai is the main overland crossing into Malaysia.
I'll never get over how interesting train rides in SE Asia are. There was a woman on the train that had all the supplies for her shop onboard. She had things like umbrellas, mats, about 60 huge buckets, rice cookers and water dispensers. It was hilarious to watch her and her 3 kids try and get it all off the train. There was stuff hidden on the train everywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment