The ride was ridiculously bumpy and I'm happy I took a dramamine for nausea and it put me to sleep for most of the trip there. I couldn't believe the ride was as good as it was since most people have horror stories about it. i think the main thing was that I took a taxi instead of a bus. The taxi is smaller and can manoeuvre around potholes better than a bus can. It would have been horrible to take the bus. Not only would it have been bumpier, I would have had to wait for the entire bus at each rest stop and at the border crossing. It would have taken forever. Taking the taxi was worth it for $13.
The taxi was quite interesting though. It was an older Toyota corolla like i used to have. The driver didn't speak any English and was a speed demon. At one point I looked at the speedometer to see how fast we were going only to realize it was at 0 km because it was broken. He was definitely booting it though. There was also a weird intermittent smell of cow crap and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from as we didn't see any cows anywhere. As the ride progressed we released it was the smell of the driver's breath as we could only smell it when he was talking on his cellphone! It was hilarious but absolutely disgusting at the same time. How can someone not know their breath smells that bad?
No comments:
Post a Comment