Today I decided to go to J.J. Market which is up by Mo Chit station to buy some souvenirs. I was here last time I was in Bangkok and it was insane. It didn't disappoint me this time. Still insane. There are booths everywhere that sell everything. Very overwhelming if you aren't prepared for it. I had the best pad thai I've ever had in my entire life at the market minus the fact that the noodles weren't cooked all the way through for 50B ($1.40).
Back by the guesthouse we booked a bus and ferry to Koh Tao for tomorrow for 600B. It's really screwed up around here how everyone changes prices when ever they feel like it. We were quoted different prices for the same thing from the same agency. It's so important to check around for prices before you pay for anything.
For dinner I ordered Som Tom papaya salad for 40B. It was so spicy I thought I was going to die. It's insane how spicy things are here. But I've noticed that I keep getting food Thai hot instead of Farang (foreigner) hot probably because I keep getting mistakened for Thai. It really confuses them but entertains me until I get ridiculously hot food. I' m sure by the time I get back to Toronto, I'll be able to handle ridiculously spicy food.
No comments:
Post a Comment